Rate Change Information
2015 Rate Change Update
- On November 2, 2015, the Over Maximum Limits Fee has increased to $110.00.
- On November 23, 2015, UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. is becoming UPS Next Day Air® Early with extended delivery locations guaranteed up to 2:00 p.m. Visit ups.com/ctc for the most up-to-date time in transit details at the time of shipping.
2016 Rate Change Information
Effective December 28, 2015*, the published rates for our services will increase. This supports ongoing expansion and capabilities enhancements, as we strive to maintain the high service levels you expect from UPS.
As you look toward the year to come, here are some new enhancements that can help you and your customers:
- Reach more customers earlier — We are improving our delivery coverage again, and are enhancing UPS Next Day Air® Early** service by expanding to nearly 4,500 additional ZIP Codes™. We offer overnight delivery by 8:00 a.m. to major cities in the 48 contiguous states and by 8:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m. or 9:30 a.m. to most other cities in the U.S. Additional extended delivery locations will be guaranteed up to 2:00 p.m.
- International expansions to serve you better — We have recently expanded UPS Worldwide Express® service to more than 41,000 new postal codes around the world, creating earlier guaranteed delivery options for customers in addition to the end-of-day guarantee offered by UPS Worldwide Saver® service. We already deliver more packages internationally and offer more guaranteed package delivery options than any other carrier.
- Convenience and control for your customers — We have significantly expanded our UPS Access Point™ network. By the end of 2015, we expect to have more than 8,000 UPS Access Point locations in select U.S. cities and 22,000 globally. These local businesses – like The UPS Store® locations and local grocery stores – offer flexible pickup for consumers who are not home to receive their eligible deliveries and serve as convenient drop-off points for eligible prepaid and return packages.
- An enhanced supply chain portfolio — We acquired Coyote Logistics, adding large-scale truckload brokerage services to our portfolio, continuing to expand our services from multi-modal freight shipments to small-package delivery.
The rates for UPS® Ground services and accessorials will increase an average net 4.9%.
The rates for UPS Air and International services and accessorials will increase an average net 5.2%.
View 2015 and 2016 Package Surcharge and Accessorial Changes
Effective December 28, 2015, the Standard List rates will be combined with the Daily rates and will be published under the name Daily rates. Customers with Standard List rates should reference the combined Daily rates.
The 2016 UPS Rate and Service Guide will be available to download on December 28, 2015.
UPS Air Freight rates and accessorials within and between the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 5.2%.
UPS Freight rates for shipments rated on the current UPS Freight 560 (US48), 525 (to and from Canada) and 570/571 (to and from Mexico) Tariffs will increase an average net 4.9%. These rates will be available at ltl.upsfreight.com beginning October 26, 2015, the effective date of these rates.
*The impact of these changes on your shipping costs will vary according to your shipping characteristics and the terms of your UPS agreement. For additional information and to review these new rates, visit ups.com/rates.
**On November 23, 2015, UPS Next Day Air® Early AM® is becoming UPS Next Day Air® Early with extended delivery locations guaranteed up to 2:00 p.m. Visit ups.com/ctc for the most up-to-date time in transit details at the time of shipping.